- UAS Program
- In the News
- Drone Technology To Help During Power Outages
- Expectations for Unmanned Aircraft Systems at OSU are High
- In Tornado Alley, using drones to pinpoint severe weather
- OSU Featured in AIAA Year in Review
- OSU selected by NSF for UAS Weather Project
- USRI Receives First FAA COA for Fixed Wing Swarm Flights
The Unmanned Aircraft Systems speciaization is a multi-disciplinary research and education program in the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology on the campus of Oklahoma State University. Originally part of the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering the program has expanded to encompass many other departments across campus, including Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering.
The UAS program provides students with a recognized emphasis in instruction and research in the area of Unmanned Aircraft Systems and supplies students with hands-on analysis, design, construction and flight testing of UAS platforms. Students working in UAS at OSU will work on projects that include flight testing and operations to be conducted at OSU UAS airfields in Stillwater and in partnership with the University Multispectral Laboratories. Research opportunities include UAS Design, Aerodynamics, Flight Path Management and Airspace Integration, Sense and Avoid, Controls, Structures, Aeroacoustics, Propulsion, Communications and Operations, Sensors and Payloads
USRI is the hub of UAS at OSU and provides a strong foundation for the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology.
USRI will accelerate innovation across a spectrum of activites that span discovery, design and delivery of new unmanned systems technology and will be a transformational integrative forces across OSU bringing together interdisciplinary efforts to advance unmanned systrems research and education. To aid this, USRI will:
- Increase research funding and develop centers of excellence
- Increase collaboration across campus by supporting and serving unmanned systems related research
- Increase the presence and awareness of the OSU brand through scholarship, exposition and outreach