- UAS Program
- In the News
- Drone Technology To Help During Power Outages
- Expectations for Unmanned Aircraft Systems at OSU are High
- In Tornado Alley, using drones to pinpoint severe weather
- OSU Featured in AIAA Year in Review
- OSU selected by NSF for UAS Weather Project
- USRI Receives First FAA COA for Fixed Wing Swarm Flights
Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) are quickly becoming a tool of choice for operations across the globe by both U.S. forces and enemies alike. The increasingly rapid advancement of commercially available and near-term technology provides both allies and foes with a capability to use the skies once the domain of the U.S. alone. USRI works with civilian government and DoD agencies to help develop and evaluate technology to provide situational awareness through enhanced tactical reconnaissance necessary for U.S. troops. USRU is a leader in the field of Counter-UAS focusing on the use of UAS by extremists and terrorists organizations by countering rising improvised threat and examining ways to detect and defeat small and tactical UAS. While counter systems are under development, no single method has demonstrated unilateral effectiveness and USRI is aiding government agencies at the federal, state and local level by developing C-UAS tactics and strategies for handling the new and growing threat.
The companies below have provided components or funding for our program. We appreciate their generous support.
- Northrop-Grumman (Program Funding)
- UAV Factory Penguin-B
- VectorNAV Inertial Navigation System
We also appreciate the generous support of our government sponsors, including the FAA, NASA and SOCOM.